Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or affecting the region where the stomach opens into the duodenum.‘pyloric stenosis’
- ‘The resultant morphologie appearance was identical to that of epithelial cells of the gastric pyloric antrum.’
- ‘Successful placement of a feeding tube was defined as placement past the pyloric sphincter and in the duodenum.’
- ‘You have all you need to make the diagnosis of pyloric stenosis with history and exam alone in this patient.’
- ‘Examples of multifactorial disorders include cleft lip and palate, neural tube defects and pyloric stenosis.’
- ‘If a child is born with spina bifida or pyloric stenosis, the surgical needs of the infant may overshadow all other concerns.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.