One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An X-ray technique for producing an image of the renal pelvis and urinary tract by the introduction of a radiopaque fluid.Also called urography
- ‘If necessary, intravenous pyelography, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging can add more information.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has been the classic diagnostic test of choice.’
- ‘What are the possible common complications of intravenous pyelography?’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography and percutaneous nephrogram are useful in imaging GUTB.’
Early 20th century: from Greek puelos ‘trough, basin’ + -graphy.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.