Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] An X-ray technique for producing an image of the renal pelvis and urinary tract by the introduction of a radiopaque fluid.Also called urography
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has greater sensitivity and specificity for the detection of renal calculi.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography and percutaneous nephrogram are useful in imaging GUTB.’
- ‘Intravenous pyelography has been the classic diagnostic test of choice.’
- ‘What are the possible common complications of intravenous pyelography?’
- ‘If necessary, intravenous pyelography, computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging can add more information.’
Early 20th century: from Greek puelos trough, basin + -graphy.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.