Unable to understand; perplexed.‘the questioners were met with puzzled looks’‘she looked puzzled and angry with him’
- ‘Well, it doesn't end with a rooftop concert played for a puzzled and scant audience of bystanders.’
- ‘The puzzled Marine tried to explain he had only X-funds allocated for silencers.’
- ‘Stockdale's question was mistaken as the puzzled musings of a lost and confused man.’
- ‘Looking surprised, a little boy peers at the elderly woman, who takes the puzzled gaze as a question.’
- ‘The question parallels the large question ringing in the ears of millions of puzzled Americans.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.