One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He either locks himself inside that dusty old library, or remains in that putridly small studio of his.’
- ‘The Raffalesia plant, also known as the ‘corpse plant’, was putridly sickening.’
- ‘The whole thing stank but, apparently, not as putridly in South Africa as elsewhere.’
- ‘We would run to him, sweaty and out of breath, and he would embrace us both, and tell me how putridly I stunk of perspiration.’
- ‘With as putridly late as he was for breakfast anyway, he didn't have time to be checking posts on his fansite.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.