One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He was so close that I could smell putrescence coming from him.’
- ‘Two seconds later, a large section of the putrescence begins to move, it crawls along the path and stands up!’
- ‘Textually, his ‘work’ orchestrates a cacophony of human ruin and putrescence.’
- ‘Afterward, they go to the adjacent market to buy oil and herbs to prepare a balm to anoint a body in putrescence.’
- ‘Most episodes have a line or two that will just crack you up because of their putrescence.’
- ‘Paradoxically, the physical body from which the putrescence comes scarcely seems to touch the earth with its weight.’
- ‘Altogether these produced a breakdown in the cellular structure of the body, evident in the putrescence of the flesh and bones of sufferers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.