One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Or consider State of Emergency, a putatively radical riot simulator.’
- ‘The story is putatively set in an all-girl tennis academy.’
- ‘The idea of having a single minister with responsibility for Scotland, Wales and - putatively - English regional government defies all common sense.’
- ‘It's startling to see putatively liberal moviemakers portray celibacy as a noble, selfless, even rational endeavor.’
- ‘Subjects were shown a series of pictures each associated with a sentence putatively spoken by the person in the picture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.