One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit a plan, proposal, or theory for consideration.‘the authority put forward positive proposals’
propose, offer, advance, submit, present, tender, move, introduce, proffer, set forth, tableView synonyms
- ‘A package of proposals will be put forward for public debate in the normal way, once we have reached our final conclusions.’
- ‘The original proposals were put forward by the agency in December 2001.’
- ‘The suggestion of a Pedestrian Crossing was put forward as one possible solution.’
- ‘Proposals for changes to maternity care in mid Essex have been put forward.’
- ‘A Private Members' Bill will be put forward in Parliament on January 7, which Geraldine says she will support.’
- ‘Plans for a £65m entertainment arena in Leeds have been put forward by a London-based developer.’
- ‘The protected woodlands in Hazelwood will remain largely untouched, but proposals have been put forward that they be opened up to pedestrians via a series of walkways.’
- ‘Alternative suggestions for the future of threatened Borthwick Wharf have been put forward.’
- ‘No concrete proposals were put forward at the meeting, a spokesperson said.’
- ‘The latest proposals were put forward by the county council as part of its general programme to improve the safety of home-to-school walking routes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.