One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit a plan, proposal, or theory for consideration.‘the authority put forward positive proposals’
propose, offer, advance, submit, present, tender, move, introduce, proffer, set forth, tableView synonyms
- ‘The protected woodlands in Hazelwood will remain largely untouched, but proposals have been put forward that they be opened up to pedestrians via a series of walkways.’
- ‘The latest proposals were put forward by the county council as part of its general programme to improve the safety of home-to-school walking routes.’
- ‘Plans for a £65m entertainment arena in Leeds have been put forward by a London-based developer.’
- ‘No concrete proposals were put forward at the meeting, a spokesperson said.’
- ‘Alternative suggestions for the future of threatened Borthwick Wharf have been put forward.’
- ‘A package of proposals will be put forward for public debate in the normal way, once we have reached our final conclusions.’
- ‘The original proposals were put forward by the agency in December 2001.’
- ‘The suggestion of a Pedestrian Crossing was put forward as one possible solution.’
- ‘Proposals for changes to maternity care in mid Essex have been put forward.’
- ‘A Private Members' Bill will be put forward in Parliament on January 7, which Geraldine says she will support.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.