One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prepare someone, typically a child, for rest in bed.‘Clare put her to bed and gave her a mug of cocoa’
- ‘He would come home, put Jack to bed as I cooked dinner, then we'd eat and have some quiet time together.’
- ‘She said: ‘When we put Ethan to bed on Tuesday night he was fine, but it crept up overnight and on Wednesday morning he was unconscious and had purple blotches on his skin.’’
- ‘My wife was out late last night, so I put Zachery to bed.’
- ‘I had the pleasure of cooking dinner, feeding, bathing and putting Franklin to bed on my own.’
- ‘Denise said the accident happened after she had been putting Cameron to bed in his own bedroom and someone knocked at the door.’
- ‘When we put him to bed, he wants to tell us about his day.’
- ‘Tonight, as I was changing Alex before putting her to bed, she did something she never did before.’
- ‘The children were put to bed early that evening.’
- ‘The baby started screaming as soon as I tried to give him his bottle and put him to bed.’
- ‘My mother would put me to bed and I'd scream and scream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.