One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An option to sell assets at an agreed price on or before a particular date.
- ‘A collar is the equivalent of buying a call option and selling a put option.’
- ‘The deal included a put option to sell the rest of Fiat Auto to GM between 2004 and 2009.’
- ‘I can buy a put option with a strike price of £6.00 allowing me to sell 100 shares in three months time.’
- ‘But maximum losses are limited here because we have a long put option (with a strike price of 50).’
- ‘On one day alone last week, more than 12,600 put options for July, priced at 200p, changed hands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.