One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Embark on an undertaking with as much effort and determination as possible.
- ‘More than 13,000 Wiltshire pupils have been putting their best foot forward to mark International Walk to School Week.’
- ‘It's all about the business and putting your best foot forward.’
- ‘Scouts have been putting their best foot forward to map out walking routes in Greenmount and Tottington.’
- ‘An actuary from Brentford will be putting her best foot forward in this year's London marathon, to help charity Whizzkids.’
- ‘In addition, there have been various groups/troupes putting their best foot forward.’
- ‘I mean, sure, you get disappointed because you go out there putting your best foot forward.’
- ‘‘Politics is about putting your best foot forward and putting the other person in the worst light,’ Mr. Goldstein said.’
- ‘Right or left, he is intent on putting his best foot forward and leaving nightmare stories behind.’
- ‘Darwen children will be putting their best foot forward to raise money for Barnardo's children's charity.’
- ‘He will be putting his best foot forward and walking the 30 miles from Bolton on Good Friday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.