One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Meditate on a problem.
- ‘It all comes down to two simple facts, both of which were obvious from the beginning to anyone who would bother to put on their thinking cap.’
- ‘Okay, keep going, put on your thinking cap and see what pops up.’
- ‘Settle into a comfy chair, get out your notebook, and put on your thinking cap.’
- ‘Now go put on your thinking cap, ration yourself thirty minutes for a little intellectual playtime, and read the whole thing.’
- ‘So now I'm actually going to have to put on my thinking cap.’
- ‘I've watched it several times over the years when I don't want to put on my thinking cap.’
- ‘Alright, put on your thinking cap and let's go.’
- ‘This play may not be for the faint of heart - be prepared to put on your thinking cap and engage it head-on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.