One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Meditate on a problem.
- ‘I've watched it several times over the years when I don't want to put on my thinking cap.’
- ‘This play may not be for the faint of heart - be prepared to put on your thinking cap and engage it head-on.’
- ‘So now I'm actually going to have to put on my thinking cap.’
- ‘Now go put on your thinking cap, ration yourself thirty minutes for a little intellectual playtime, and read the whole thing.’
- ‘Okay, keep going, put on your thinking cap and see what pops up.’
- ‘Settle into a comfy chair, get out your notebook, and put on your thinking cap.’
- ‘Alright, put on your thinking cap and let's go.’
- ‘It all comes down to two simple facts, both of which were obvious from the beginning to anyone who would bother to put on their thinking cap.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.