One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make necessary reforms.‘the Americans need to put their own economic house in order’
- ‘Especially on long train trips, there is time to think, to mull over one's troubles, to put one's house in order, to ponder.’
- ‘The corporate governance inspection report said we had to put our house in order.’
- ‘We don't have much time to put our house in order if we are to be hit again,’ he said.’
- ‘Will you become a true Christian and set your house in order?’
- ‘They bounced back, put their house in order and became a paradigm of how it can all work out.’
- ‘Let us first set our house in order before showing it off to others through the Net.’
- ‘They have been told to put their house in order and have so far failed and even refused to do so.’
- ‘Mr Fernandes said that his client had a poor record before 2000 but since then had tried to put his house in order.’
- ‘It is time that we in this country put our house in order.’
- ‘And the overall message to the arbiters of the city's destiny is blunt and clear - set your house in order or else people will start looking elsewhere when they consider a location for their next round of investment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.