One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting or relating to a system whereby waters are stocked with fish for anglers to catch.
- ‘This species is widely stocked into northeastern waters on an annual/seasonal basis, primarily to support put-and-take fisheries.’
- ‘Some of the money will be used to buy freshwater trout and perhaps catfish for stocking in urban waters for put-and-take fishing.’
- ‘And the goal of the put-and-take operation is for the public to catch trout - as many as possible, as soon as possible.’
- ‘The put-and-take fishery of Moher Lough remains open for another few days until the 12 th of October.’
- ‘The idea of the put-and-take program is, after all, to place catchable fish within reach of bank fishermen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.