One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, soft, floppy bow at the neck of a woman's blouse.‘her somewhat formal style became more flamboyant, often featuring pearls and pussycat bows’
- ‘The garment's pussy bow neckline and garish print failed to flatter the Liverpudlian singer’
- ‘They also marched me round to Dickins & Jones with a wardrobe lady, to buy 'little tops' with pussycat bows.’
- ‘Its lace panel detail on the front and pussycat bow tie neck make it one of our most decorative long sleeved pieces.’
- ‘She even looks a bit uncomfortable in black high-heel sandals and a demure white dress with a pussy bow that looks more like it's wearing her.’
- ‘Sporting her usual quirky style of a pussy bow shirt and spotty trousers, the star beamed for the cameras.’
- ‘On the catwalk she showcased a number of pieces including a long monochrome printed dress with a pussy bow collar.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.