One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, soft, floppy bow at the neck of a woman's blouse.‘her somewhat formal style became more flamboyant, often featuring pearls and pussycat bows’
- ‘Sporting her usual quirky style of a pussy bow shirt and spotty trousers, the star beamed for the cameras.’
- ‘The garment's pussy bow neckline and garish print failed to flatter the Liverpudlian singer’
- ‘She even looks a bit uncomfortable in black high-heel sandals and a demure white dress with a pussy bow that looks more like it's wearing her.’
- ‘On the catwalk she showcased a number of pieces including a long monochrome printed dress with a pussy bow collar.’
- ‘They also marched me round to Dickins & Jones with a wardrobe lady, to buy 'little tops' with pussycat bows.’
- ‘Its lace panel detail on the front and pussycat bow tie neck make it one of our most decorative long sleeved pieces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.