One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service in which the user downloads software from a provider which then continually supplies information from the Internet in categories selected by the user.
- ‘A few years ago, the Internet offered us what we called push technology that sent customized data to just those people who said they wanted to receive it.’
- ‘About two years back, the major browser makers assumed that this future was based on push technology.’
- ‘If you aren't familiar with RSS, perhaps you remember push technology, the late great killer app of the '90s.’
- ‘Fossil's SPOT watch receives news and information via FM radio signals - a sort of cross between WAP and push technology.’
- ‘Three hundred people have signed up for this so-called push technology since the company instituted it a little over a year ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.