One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service in which the user downloads software from a provider which then continually supplies information from the Internet in categories selected by the user.
- ‘If you aren't familiar with RSS, perhaps you remember push technology, the late great killer app of the '90s.’
- ‘Three hundred people have signed up for this so-called push technology since the company instituted it a little over a year ago.’
- ‘Fossil's SPOT watch receives news and information via FM radio signals - a sort of cross between WAP and push technology.’
- ‘About two years back, the major browser makers assumed that this future was based on push technology.’
- ‘A few years ago, the Internet offered us what we called push technology that sent customized data to just those people who said they wanted to receive it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.