One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gift given to a woman shortly after she has given birth, typically by her spouse or partner.‘I gave my wife a push present for each of our eight kids’
- ‘She also insisted her push gift be the addition on our house, which is still going on.’
- ‘I received a push present for all my kids.’
- ‘Push presents are ridiculous, your healthy beautiful child should be present enough.’
- ‘This idea of being "owed" a push gift is so unbelievably greedy.’
- ‘I think the idea of a push present is kinda silly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.