One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘After much prayer and consideration, we simply decided that they can take their purposelessness elsewhere.’
- ‘Perhaps sensing this, you all of a sudden make a final murderous leap at the throat of macro-level teleology - ‘ultimate purpose’ - as if to justify the purposelessness you see in life.’
- ‘At the homestead butterflies hang languidly from the flowering trees, and float with an air of purposelessness - in striking contrast to their business-like attitude as caterpillars - from tree to tree.’
- ‘Purposefully achieved purposelessness, a thing done for its own mildly mysterious sake - justified in part by the relationship between artist, place and people set up during the process of making.’
- ‘That was the origin of modern misery - the anxiety in contemporary society, the sense of drift, the purposelessness, the craving for false pleasures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.