One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The discomfort from having to stand so purposelessly on the street corner has them doubly animate in recounting tales and goss.’
- ‘An efficient editor will not allow the volume of its journal go on swelling purposelessly.’
- ‘Ellen entered a dress shop housed in a blue velvet capsule adorned by odd lights and displays while Henry strayed purposelessly into the bookstore.’
- ‘Shot in North Korea, it features Western actors running purposelessly through a B-movie story about eugenics.’
- ‘I lay still like this for a long time, sometimes opening my eyes to gaze purposelessly upon the passing shadows on the ceiling, but most of the time, I just shut my eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.