One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At his nether lip begins a dark purplish bruise that spreads to a little lower down almost reaching his chin.’
- ‘This is a really attractive plant with dark purplish, green, crinkled leaves and sweet smelling lilac purple flowers, it is well worth growing.’
- ‘My room has dark green walls and a bluish brownish purplish carpet.’
- ‘Pretty clouds are being bruised purplish over mountains by the gathering rush of night.’
- ‘Nori, dark green to purplish black, doesn't only come in sheets for sushi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.