One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large American martin with plumage that is mainly purplish-blue.
- ‘A more pleasant form of prevention is available through the erection of a birdhouse to attract purple martins.’
- ‘Other swallows include barn swallows, cliff swallows, and purple martins.’
- ‘Being social birds, purple martins prefer apartments rather than individual dwellings.’
- ‘It is also a good place for bird watching; call ahead to book a guided bird walk, where you might see tree swallows, red-winged blackbirds, egrets, herons, warblers, purple martins, and mocking birds.’
- ‘Some of those species include bluebirds, robins, titmice, chickadees, nuthatches, wrens, tree and barn swallows, purple martins, owls, flycatchers, and woodpeckers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.