One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The dancers captured the spirit of the puritanically themed work, performing it with passion and intensity.’
- ‘At a time when everyone else was tripping out on psychedelic rock Flack's recording of Ewan Macoll's folk song was an unlikely hit; the music was puritanically plain, the words so simple.’
- ‘It is the most puritanically ingredient-driven meal I've ever had.’
- ‘Benglis's photograph can be read in various ways, appealing to the libertarian feminist as surely as it repelled the more puritanically minded.’
- ‘No party hack, she campaigns for a purer communism responsive to the needs of each neighborhood but puritanically resistant to the commercial blandishments even then battering at the eastern gates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.