One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An inbred line of genetic descent.
- ‘Haploid production followed by chromosome doubling results in the creation of genetically pure lines within a short period of time.’
- ‘Haploid breeding is a powerful tool for the production of pure lines.’
- ‘Furthermore, the biology of wood formation is surprisingly understudied because of the inherent problems of tree species: long generation time, large size, and lack of genetically pure lines.’
- ‘Total DNA was extracted from eight lines of NC hybrids and five parental pure lines.’
- ‘By 52 days both hybrid lines laid more eggs on average than either of the pure lines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.