Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An inbred line of genetic descent.
- ‘Furthermore, the biology of wood formation is surprisingly understudied because of the inherent problems of tree species: long generation time, large size, and lack of genetically pure lines.’
- ‘Total DNA was extracted from eight lines of NC hybrids and five parental pure lines.’
- ‘By 52 days both hybrid lines laid more eggs on average than either of the pure lines.’
- ‘Haploid breeding is a powerful tool for the production of pure lines.’
- ‘Haploid production followed by chromosome doubling results in the creation of genetically pure lines within a short period of time.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.