One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Evans starts his new Radio 2 show this weekend, with puppyish excitement and goodwill bursting from all sides.’
- ‘Two rather small ‘If you value it, vote for it’ banners waved back in puppyish salutation.’
- ‘My love for it is currently more like a puppyish affection.’
- ‘Romeo is a puppyish, rather goofy young man and Juliet a bratish adolescent who never matures into any really tragic strature.’
- ‘A self-described mama's boy, he combines a puppyish playfulness with an obsessive work ethic and a hardheaded understanding of the business of triathlon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.