One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barrister in charge of a trainee barrister.
- ‘Part VII of the Code contained sections on pupil-masters and pupils.’
- ‘It is not a good idea to find yourself crying with laughter at work as your pupil-master (for non-lawyers, that's basically your Big Boss Man) walks towards you.’
- ‘the shadow chancellor said the decision was ‘the most humiliating U-turn’ for the prime minister's former pupil-master.’
- ‘The roots of the prime minister's sacking of his old pupil-master last year lie in the dispute over criminal justice between the lord chancellor and the minister.’
- ‘Amongst 20 Labour rebels was ex-Lord Chancellor, the prime minister's pupil-master when he was training as a lawyer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.