One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A barrister in charge of a trainee barrister.
- ‘Part VII of the Code contained sections on pupil-masters and pupils.’
- ‘the shadow chancellor said the decision was ‘the most humiliating U-turn’ for the prime minister's former pupil-master.’
- ‘Amongst 20 Labour rebels was ex-Lord Chancellor, the prime minister's pupil-master when he was training as a lawyer.’
- ‘It is not a good idea to find yourself crying with laughter at work as your pupil-master (for non-lawyers, that's basically your Big Boss Man) walks towards you.’
- ‘The roots of the prime minister's sacking of his old pupil-master last year lie in the dispute over criminal justice between the lord chancellor and the minister.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.