One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small triangular tent, especially one for two people and without side walls.
- ‘‘You were in a pup tent,’ Frances said, picking old polish from her nails in large flakes.’
- ‘The guys that I see driving Hummers wouldn't know how to put up a pup tent.’
- ‘After living in a pup tent in the hedgerows of Normandy, warm water was an unimaginable luxury.’
- ‘Unlike some one-person backpacking shelters, which resemble pup tents or coffins, the four-pound, 12-ounce Aurora is a real tent, with 28 square feet of floor space and two doors.’
- ‘They will not be able to get a pup tent to put up somewhere.’
- ‘In the first floor hallway stood a camouflage-colored pup tent owned by a biker named Fudge, an ex-marine in charge of screening new tenants and collecting money for the food kitty.’
- ‘Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego - Recruit Molly, the first female Marine to be trained here, poops out in her pup tent.’
- ‘We dig in immediately, hacking a shallow shelf in the steep slope, hastily surrounding it with blocks of snow and throwing up our laughable A-frame pup tent.’
- ‘He was sitting on steps of those little canvas trailers that they had on the sets, the little makeup pup tents or whatever they are.’
- ‘‘We are not going to seize scout camps and little pup tents,’ Ms Rydalch said.’
- ‘A pup tent not more than 20 yards from the macadam was pitched by the river.’
- ‘That made six occupants in the pup tent, a shelter that seemed flimsier and flimsier as the winds reached gale velocities.’
- ‘Packed in a Ford station wagon stuffed to the gills with food coolers, mummy sleeping bags, and Boy Scout pup tents, our family of seven crossed America, west to east, summer after summer.’
- ‘After all the glitz and sugar, on my way back to the hotel, it's a bit startling to see people inhabiting pup tents and instant bedrooms made from cardboard boxes on the sidewalks.’
- ‘Builders have responded by piling their boats with TVs, VCRs, microwaves, refrigerators and A / C. Just like camping, we don't use pup tents anymore,’ says Tom Sutherland of Westerbeke Corporation.’
- ‘Everyone sleeps in pup tents and discusses their financial security.’
- ‘We'll be peering over the barricades at the beautiful people who are swilling Martinis right on the spot where we used to put up our pup tents and park our caravans.’
- ‘Do we honestly think people can live on Mars for a year in a leaky pup tent held together with bungee cords?’
- ‘More parquet floors turn up as backgrounds for tangled wires and strange little pup tents that seem to be made of AstroTurf.’
- ‘She threw the frankfurter to Cola and stepped toward the stream behind the pup tents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.