One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small triangular tent, especially one for two people and without side walls.
- ‘‘We are not going to seize scout camps and little pup tents,’ Ms Rydalch said.’
- ‘‘You were in a pup tent,’ Frances said, picking old polish from her nails in large flakes.’
- ‘That made six occupants in the pup tent, a shelter that seemed flimsier and flimsier as the winds reached gale velocities.’
- ‘Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego - Recruit Molly, the first female Marine to be trained here, poops out in her pup tent.’
- ‘A pup tent not more than 20 yards from the macadam was pitched by the river.’
- ‘We dig in immediately, hacking a shallow shelf in the steep slope, hastily surrounding it with blocks of snow and throwing up our laughable A-frame pup tent.’
- ‘In the first floor hallway stood a camouflage-colored pup tent owned by a biker named Fudge, an ex-marine in charge of screening new tenants and collecting money for the food kitty.’
- ‘More parquet floors turn up as backgrounds for tangled wires and strange little pup tents that seem to be made of AstroTurf.’
- ‘Unlike some one-person backpacking shelters, which resemble pup tents or coffins, the four-pound, 12-ounce Aurora is a real tent, with 28 square feet of floor space and two doors.’
- ‘After all the glitz and sugar, on my way back to the hotel, it's a bit startling to see people inhabiting pup tents and instant bedrooms made from cardboard boxes on the sidewalks.’
- ‘The guys that I see driving Hummers wouldn't know how to put up a pup tent.’
- ‘She threw the frankfurter to Cola and stepped toward the stream behind the pup tents.’
- ‘We'll be peering over the barricades at the beautiful people who are swilling Martinis right on the spot where we used to put up our pup tents and park our caravans.’
- ‘After living in a pup tent in the hedgerows of Normandy, warm water was an unimaginable luxury.’
- ‘Builders have responded by piling their boats with TVs, VCRs, microwaves, refrigerators and A / C. Just like camping, we don't use pup tents anymore,’ says Tom Sutherland of Westerbeke Corporation.’
- ‘He was sitting on steps of those little canvas trailers that they had on the sets, the little makeup pup tents or whatever they are.’
- ‘Everyone sleeps in pup tents and discusses their financial security.’
- ‘Do we honestly think people can live on Mars for a year in a leaky pup tent held together with bungee cords?’
- ‘Packed in a Ford station wagon stuffed to the gills with food coolers, mummy sleeping bags, and Boy Scout pup tents, our family of seven crossed America, west to east, summer after summer.’
- ‘They will not be able to get a pup tent to put up somewhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.