One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The oils have the pepper aroma and flavour but lack pungency.’
- ‘Such levels of spices can be comfortably consumed in the regular diet, except when their consumption is limited by the pungency (red pepper) or strong odour (garlic).’
- ‘Bush tomatoes have an intense, earthy-tomato and caramel flavor of great piquancy and pungency.’
- ‘In 1912, pharmacist William Scoville devised the first systematic test for ranking the pungency of peppers using a panel of tasters.’
- ‘The seeds, as commonly thought, are not the true source of pungency in peppers, even though capsaicinoids are often absorbed into the seeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.