One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resistant to being punctured by sharp objects.‘discarded needles must be placed in a puncture-proof container’‘puncture-proof tyres’
impervious, impermeable, solid, dense, thick, hard, unyielding, unbreakable, indestructible, unpierceable, resistantView synonyms
- ‘Discarded sharps need to be placed in a puncture-proof rigid container as soon as you have finished using them.’
- ‘Area health directors suggest placing the needles in sealed puncture-proof containers, such as empty plastic detergent bottles.’
- ‘Community-based organisations were funded to distribute sterile injecting equipment, puncture-proof disposable containers, condoms and safe sex information.’
- ‘All needles, syringes, and lancets will be accepted if they have been placed in a sealed, puncture-proof plastic or metal container.’
- ‘I looked at it, considered spending $20 on it and then went, "Nah, I have puncture-proof tyres".’
- ‘Contractors who normally operate at sites covered with rubble, rebar, nails, and the like are astonished at how much they will save just by switching to our puncture-proof segmented tires.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.