One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of preaching or sermonizing.
religious teaching, instruction, messageView synonyms
- ‘Grandstanding in the United Nations and empty pulpitry is not going to alter the logic of recent global developments.’
- ‘The pap and nonsense of a sentimental pulpitry, art, and literature.’
- ‘He must inspire, exhort, sermonize, edify, or warn, resort to pulpitry in general.’
- ‘Nature is generalized, rendered abstract, and interpreted consistently in a spirit of sanctimonious pulpitry.’
- ‘It can be tough when your father, the prime minister, has just indulged in pulpitry about drunken yobs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.