One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of preaching or sermonizing.
religious teaching, instruction, messageView synonyms
- ‘The pap and nonsense of a sentimental pulpitry, art, and literature.’
- ‘Grandstanding in the United Nations and empty pulpitry is not going to alter the logic of recent global developments.’
- ‘He must inspire, exhort, sermonize, edify, or warn, resort to pulpitry in general.’
- ‘It can be tough when your father, the prime minister, has just indulged in pulpitry about drunken yobs.’
- ‘Nature is generalized, rendered abstract, and interpreted consistently in a spirit of sanctimonious pulpitry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.