Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The artery carrying blood from the right ventricle of the heart to the lungs for oxygenation.
- ‘For example, transposition of the great arteries occurs when the pulmonary artery and the aorta are on the wrong sides of the heart.’
- ‘When adult heartworms die, the blood carries them to the pulmonary arteries and lungs where they often become lodged.’
- ‘Unlike the aorta, the body's other main artery, the pulmonary artery, carries oxygen-poor blood.’
- ‘When the ventricles are normally situated, this means that the aorta is connected to the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery to the left ventricle.’
- ‘Blood then goes through the main pulmonary artery to the right and left pulmonary arteries, which lead blood to the lungs.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.