One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offensive guard who pulls back from the line of scrimmage and runs toward the sideline to block for a runner.
- ‘These smaller, more athletic linemen enable the team to be more creative and versatile when it comes to pulling guards and running sweep plays.’
- ‘But in the offense, I was a pulling guard who got out in front of the ball carrier and blocked downfield.’
- ‘He is a vital member of the interior line, specifically for his athleticism as a pulling guard.’
- ‘Christy has quick feet and excellent body control, enough that he plays the position like a pulling guard.’
- ‘A huge blocker who is one of the best pulling guards you'll ever see.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.