One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hitter who normally strikes the ball in the direction in which they follow through.
- ‘The left side is his power side, but he's not a pull hitter; he sprays balls from the right-center gap to the left field line.’
- ‘Looking at the distance down the right field line for the first time made me realize the big advantage a left-handed pull hitter had over the pitcher.’
- ‘A natural pull hitter, Matsui has learned, slowly, that he must go with that pitch and send it the other way to left field.’
- ‘He'll go with the pitch, although his home run power is as a pull hitter.’
- ‘Once considered a dead pull hitter, he now uses the entire field - about half his home runs last season were hit the opposite way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.