One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hitter who normally strikes the ball in the direction in which they follow through.
- ‘He'll go with the pitch, although his home run power is as a pull hitter.’
- ‘Looking at the distance down the right field line for the first time made me realize the big advantage a left-handed pull hitter had over the pitcher.’
- ‘The left side is his power side, but he's not a pull hitter; he sprays balls from the right-center gap to the left field line.’
- ‘Once considered a dead pull hitter, he now uses the entire field - about half his home runs last season were hit the opposite way.’
- ‘A natural pull hitter, Matsui has learned, slowly, that he must go with that pitch and send it the other way to left field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.