One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area at the side of a road where vehicles may pull off the road and stop.‘park at one of the many roadside pull-offs’
- ‘Travelling north you will very likely stop to look at the seals at Ohau Point where there is a pull-off area of tar seal on your right just past Half Moon Bay.’
- ‘Along this section is a scenic pull-off that's perfect for snapshots.’
- ‘I swung into a pull-off overlooking the river, a spot in which I'd always wanted to stop but never had.’
- ‘But a pull-off on 75 looked inviting, and after a moment's hesitation, I swung in.’
- ‘Coordinate with the National Park Service regarding a possible pedestrian footbridge over the canal as part of a new pull-off/scenic view area on Canal Road.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.