One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An award for an achievement in American journalism, literature, or music. There are thirteen made each year.
- ‘In a highly competitive field such as newspaper journalism, where a Pulitzer Prize may be one story away, pride can also get in the way of reason.’
- ‘Each year, a Pulitzer Prize is awarded to the best journalistic photograph or series of photographs.’
- ‘The opera played to packed houses and rave reviews in New York and won a Pulitzer Prize for its composer.’
- ‘Her awards include the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize and the Pulitzer Prize.’
- ‘She was also awarded the Bollingen Prize, the National Book Award, and the Pulitzer Prize for her Collected Poems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.