One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An award for an achievement in American journalism, literature, or music. There are thirteen made each year.
- ‘The opera played to packed houses and rave reviews in New York and won a Pulitzer Prize for its composer.’
- ‘Each year, a Pulitzer Prize is awarded to the best journalistic photograph or series of photographs.’
- ‘She was also awarded the Bollingen Prize, the National Book Award, and the Pulitzer Prize for her Collected Poems.’
- ‘In a highly competitive field such as newspaper journalism, where a Pulitzer Prize may be one story away, pride can also get in the way of reason.’
- ‘Her awards include the Ruth Lilly Poetry Prize and the Pulitzer Prize.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.