One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Hindu priest.
- ‘The robe, the pujari said, is replaced every year by the former princely family of Kolhapur.’
- ‘Working closely together as a mighty band of apprentice pujaris, they assist their teacher and his staff in performing grand ensemble pujas, abhishekams and homas for local Hindu temples and homes.’
- ‘Even the pujari will continue to officiate in the temple within the complex.’
- ‘Innumerable pandas and pujaris await the pilgrims to help them with their worship.’
- ‘The chief pujari from Vrindavan India and the Pope are in a meeting in Rome.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit pūjā ‘worship’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.