One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Hindu priest.
- ‘Working closely together as a mighty band of apprentice pujaris, they assist their teacher and his staff in performing grand ensemble pujas, abhishekams and homas for local Hindu temples and homes.’
- ‘Innumerable pandas and pujaris await the pilgrims to help them with their worship.’
- ‘The chief pujari from Vrindavan India and the Pope are in a meeting in Rome.’
- ‘The robe, the pujari said, is replaced every year by the former princely family of Kolhapur.’
- ‘Even the pujari will continue to officiate in the temple within the complex.’
Via Hindi from Sanskrit pūjā ‘worship’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.