One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is perhaps because they give a kind of vicarious satisfaction to the pugnacity inherent in all of us.’
- ‘Thus absolute fidelity can develop from affection, but on the other hand, aggressiveness and a tendency to bite can also develop from courage and pugnacity.’
- ‘Its inhabitants are known for their pugnacity, as well as for their tradition of hospitality.’
- ‘He believes his character transition has been for the best and maintains that he was unable to channel his pugnacity positively, rendering it a hindrance rather than a help.’
- ‘His pugnacity in defense of his liberal instincts is obviously genuine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.