One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His pugnacity in defense of his liberal instincts is obviously genuine.’
- ‘He believes his character transition has been for the best and maintains that he was unable to channel his pugnacity positively, rendering it a hindrance rather than a help.’
- ‘Thus absolute fidelity can develop from affection, but on the other hand, aggressiveness and a tendency to bite can also develop from courage and pugnacity.’
- ‘This is perhaps because they give a kind of vicarious satisfaction to the pugnacity inherent in all of us.’
- ‘Its inhabitants are known for their pugnacity, as well as for their tradition of hospitality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.