One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I applied lots of foundation to cover up the puffiness and redness around my eyes.’
- ‘Her youth and beauty are still just visible beneath her thickened, scarred lips and the alcoholic puffiness of her face.’
- ‘To avoid morning eye or facial puffiness, sleep on your back so fluid doesn't collect there.’
- ‘You could experience digestive problems, low energy, brain fog, high cholesterol, low blood pressure, pain in the muscles and joints, allergies, puffiness and swelling.’
- ‘Signs that we're burning the candle at both ends often show up in and around the eyes as redness, puffiness and dark circles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.