One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An article or story in the media that is excessively complimentary about a person, product, event, etc.
- ‘There's a short featurette on the making of the film, but it's a studio puff piece that's over before you know it and really gives you little information that you're not already aware of.’
- ‘The featurette is just a promotional puff piece from the movie's release, clocking in at seven minutes, and is hardly worth mentioning.’
- ‘Of course, the article is a puff piece aimed at getting you to buy the forthcoming book.’
- ‘There are no extras offered, not a publicity puff piece or a behind the scenes featurette.’
- ‘Much more than a studio puff piece, there is some intriguing material here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.