One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico.‘his paintings are tied deeply to his Puerto Rican heritage’
- ‘The majority of attendees were Puerto Rican and called for a Puerto Rican organization.’
- ‘Puerto Rican farmers have established about 2,000 acres of mango orchards in response to increased demand for these fruits.’
- ‘787 Crew: This Puerto Rican outfit combine acrobatics with hip-hop-style dance.’
- ‘My mother doesn't play any instruments, but she always is listening to Puerto Rican music.’
- ‘The Puerto Rican/French actress got accepted to Columbia University when she was only 16!’
- ‘I'm part Puerto Rican - my middle name is Martinez.’
A native or inhabitant of the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, or a person of Puerto Rican descent.‘the young Puerto Rican sees his boss as uncaring’
- ‘Many Puerto Ricans use solar power for hot water heating, for example, but not for electricity.’
- ‘Puerto Ricans are all US citizens by birth no matter if they are born here or in P.R.’
- ‘The director is an Irishman married to a Puerto Rican, with an obvious interest in his wife's culture.’
- ‘"I use my language differently from other Puerto Ricans and my perspective has to be colored by those differences."’
- ‘Around 1900, many Puerto Ricans immigrated to Hawaii to work on the plantations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.