One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for pudding
- ‘The highlight of the Christmas Feast for me is always the pud, especially when it comes with cream or brandy butter rather than custard.’
- ‘This mouth-watering collection includes such unusual puds as rhubarb tiramisu, loads of different cheesecakes, ice creams and souffles and some great sauces.’
- ‘Done really well, this is a pud among puds - real comfort food.’
- ‘There was supposed to be triple choc ice cream for pud but I forgot about it!’
- ‘It is ideal with puds such as caramelised oranges and ginger ice-cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.