One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Royal smirked at Larkins, his eyes gleaming puckishly, before setting out across the tracks for a good place to jump on to the next train.’
- ‘I once, rather puckishly, asked a drug company to support a conference on ECT and received a scrawled handwritten reply from the head of psychopharmacology saying basically, ‘Are you kidding?’’
- ‘Kit grinned at Alan puckishly and leaned forward, whispering into Alan's ear.’
- ‘To balance the evening, Tree ends with Li sitting alone on stage, puckishly singing along in Chinese with the old Johnson recording.’
- ‘Perhaps inspired by my glare, he puckishly suggested that I take up making shoes (homonymic with my surname).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.