One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The work of building such things as roads, schools, and hospitals, carried out by the state for the community.as modifier ‘public works projects’
- ‘Libraries, county offices, public works and hospitals were shut down in rotating order.’
- ‘The proceeds from meters and fines currently go into public works such as footpaths, roads and drainage.’
- ‘Work on sewers, roads and other public works accounted for some of the more expensive costs.’
- ‘But his main concern was increased expenditure on road infrastructure and public works.’
- ‘Better roads in cities that receive heavier rains are testimony to the fact that blaming the rains is a lame excuse for poor quality of public works.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.