One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization supplying the community with electricity, gas, water, or sewerage.
- ‘About half of the country's gross domestic product is produced by public utilities and corporations.’
- ‘If this is the case, why don't public utilities vary water rates with supplies?’
- ‘The creditors demanded trade liberalisation and the full-scale privatisation of public utilities, financial institutions, State farms and factories.’
- ‘Health care provision and other public utilities such as water and electricity have been cut or privatised.’
- ‘Just weeks after the corporate flag had been raised over what had been a public utility, water rates were hiked up massively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.