One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization supplying the community with electricity, gas, water, or sewerage.
- ‘Health care provision and other public utilities such as water and electricity have been cut or privatised.’
- ‘If this is the case, why don't public utilities vary water rates with supplies?’
- ‘Just weeks after the corporate flag had been raised over what had been a public utility, water rates were hiked up massively.’
- ‘The creditors demanded trade liberalisation and the full-scale privatisation of public utilities, financial institutions, State farms and factories.’
- ‘About half of the country's gross domestic product is produced by public utilities and corporations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.