One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the UK) an institution where official archives are kept for public inspection.
- ‘The Public Record Office for Northern Ireland was set up in Belfast in 1923.’
- ‘Gilert's treatise is at Great Britain Public Record Office.’
- ‘The will is preserved in the Public Record Office, London.’
- ‘His tomb of Dr John Yonge is now in the museum of the Public Record Office, London.’
- ‘The Friends Of York City Archives argue that the new facility will be too small, and point to a Public Record Office report which said there is ‘great scope for the creation of additional space’ at its present location.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.