One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of offering the stock of a particular company on a public stock exchange.‘he ignored concerns that the public offering was priced too low at 330p per share’
- ‘He has been involved in more than 350 venture-capital investments and public offerings.’
- ‘With capital raised in the public offering, they imagined, they would acquire even more shops nationwide.’
- ‘Webvan, flush with cash from its initial public offering, expanded rapidly into several metropolitan areas.’
- ‘The initial public offering may sell 5.3 million shares at $15 each, possibly raising $70.9 million.’
- ‘Would-be entrepreneurs like you could pass from the private fund-raising stage through an initial public offering or company sale in less than two years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.