One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An act of offering the stock of a particular company on a public stock exchange.‘he ignored concerns that the public offering was priced too low at 330p per share’
- ‘He has been involved in more than 350 venture-capital investments and public offerings.’
- ‘The initial public offering may sell 5.3 million shares at $15 each, possibly raising $70.9 million.’
- ‘With capital raised in the public offering, they imagined, they would acquire even more shops nationwide.’
- ‘Would-be entrepreneurs like you could pass from the private fund-raising stage through an initial public offering or company sale in less than two years.’
- ‘Webvan, flush with cash from its initial public offering, expanded rapidly into several metropolitan areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.