One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company whose shares are traded freely on a stock exchange.
- ‘At stake is the future of the world's second most important market trading shares in public companies.’
- ‘Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.’
- ‘The arrangement for security depends on whether the borrower is a public corporation, a private company, an unincorporated trader, or a person borrowing for private purposes.’
- ‘The government's main sources of revenue are taxes (direct and indirect), national insurance charges, and trading surpluses of the public corporations.’
- ‘This is the annual growth of earnings per share of present public companies plus the dividend yield.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.