One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A company whose shares are traded freely on a stock exchange.
- ‘At stake is the future of the world's second most important market trading shares in public companies.’
- ‘Most public companies have a holding company and subsidiaries.’
- ‘This is the annual growth of earnings per share of present public companies plus the dividend yield.’
- ‘The government's main sources of revenue are taxes (direct and indirect), national insurance charges, and trading surpluses of the public corporations.’
- ‘The arrangement for security depends on whether the borrower is a public corporation, a private company, an unincorporated trader, or a person borrowing for private purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.