One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A proposed law that affects the public as a whole.
- ‘The Act declared that a money bill could be presented for royal assent after one month, even without the Lords’ consent, and other public bills after two years.’
- ‘They are a mixture of private and public bills and come about if someone or some people are going to be treated differently to others.’
- ‘It was my judgment that the amendments were out of order, because they were in the nature of private legislation and not admissible as amendments to a public bill.’
- ‘As soon as a public bill has received the Royal Assent, a print of the Act in the form in which it was finally passed is prepared in the Public Bill Office of the House of Lords…’
- ‘These are introduced in the form of public bills which pass through the same distinct stages of debate and discussion in both Houses of Parliament.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.