One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The more plainly furnished bar in a pub.Compare with lounge bar
- ‘Three sides here in the public bar, and one side opening onto the adjacent lounge bar.’
- ‘A futile argument is dominating public bars and dinner tables all over Europe.’
- ‘It will also have a public bar, guests' bar, restaurant and a function/conference room.’
- ‘It includes a popular public bar, private lounge bar, function room, fitted kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom and general storage area.’
- ‘Shefflin's is a three storey licensed premises with a traditional-style public bar, a modern lounge and the recently developed Scorpions night club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.