One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A health official who analyses food.
- ‘The public analyst later found that both sandwiches, which were bought by builders in June, contained decomposing meat and were unfit for human consumption.’
- ‘The gin was taken from a bottle labelled Gordon's and was sent to the public analyst.’
- ‘They were analysed by the the council's public analysts laboratory, which checked the composition of the products and assessed the validity of their weight loss claims.’
- ‘However, being a public analyst is not by itself sufficient to carry out food analysis on behalf of food authorities.’
- ‘The public analyst's report on the complaint stated that attached to the meat and bone of the chicken portion was part of a chicken's guts full of cooked starch, seed husks and grains of wheat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.