One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A health official who analyses food.
- ‘The public analyst later found that both sandwiches, which were bought by builders in June, contained decomposing meat and were unfit for human consumption.’
- ‘The public analyst's report on the complaint stated that attached to the meat and bone of the chicken portion was part of a chicken's guts full of cooked starch, seed husks and grains of wheat.’
- ‘The gin was taken from a bottle labelled Gordon's and was sent to the public analyst.’
- ‘However, being a public analyst is not by itself sufficient to carry out food analysis on behalf of food authorities.’
- ‘They were analysed by the the council's public analysts laboratory, which checked the composition of the products and assessed the validity of their weight loss claims.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.