One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of microphones, amplifiers, and loudspeakers used to amplify speech or music in a large building or at an outdoor gathering.
pa system, speaker, speaker unit, speaker system, microphoneView synonyms
- ‘Every year, the youth start off on their bicycles, which are fitted with a public address system, and visit even the remote corners of the State, to spread the message of communal harmony.’
- ‘The periodical announcement over the public address system about the services available brings more people here.’
- ‘They will now be supported by the new public address system - with loud speakers placed strategically on cameras throughout the city centre.’
- ‘For example, if they go to a meeting, they should strongly suggest that the speaker use a public address system.’
- ‘He came onto the public address system and said he had some good news and some bad news.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.