Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the pubes or pubis.‘pubic hair’
- ‘Woods and bushes, predictably enough, symbolized pubic hair in both sexes.’
- ‘Are there any health benefits or safety issues to removing your pubic hair?’
- ‘The rectus abdominis runs from the top of the pubic bone to the sternum and lower three ribs.’
- ‘Pubic lice live in hair in the pubic area and can also sometimes live in body hair, eyebrows and eyelashes.’
- ‘For this operation, a larger cut is made across the top of the pubic hairline to give the surgeon better access to the cyst.’
- ‘Once girls become sexually mature, the outer labia and the mons pubis are covered by pubic hair.’
- ‘People can be infested with three types of lice: body lice, head lice and crab or pubic lice.’
- ‘Hair begins to appear in the pubic area and later it grows on the face and underarms.’
- ‘Often the cyst can be removed with only small incisions in the pubic hair line.’
- ‘The bladder is a muscular bag situated in the midline of the pelvis at the lowest point in the abdomen, immediately behind the pubic bone.’
- ‘Chest hair, pubic hair, leg hair all fine with me, but underarm hair, well, no.’
- ‘In some cases this is not necessary as the symptoms will be conclusive, such as with pubic lice.’
- ‘The prostate gland is about the size of a walnut and is located below the bladder, between the pubic bone and the rectum.’
- ‘Groups of friends lay semi supine, tufts of pubic hair stirring in the sea breeze.’
- ‘And besides - do we really need to raise another generation of men who can't deal with pubic hair?’
- ‘When my first son was born my wife was given an enema and had her pubic hair shaved.’
- ‘He carefully dried his pubic hair and groin and briskly scrubbed his torso.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.